DERMATOLOGY FOR ANIMALS
UPDATES REGARDING COVID-19
July 28, 2021
A Message from Our Team:
The safety of your pet, family, and our team members continues to be our main priority. The majority of our locations are located within Specialty clinics, and we follow the guidelines adopted by those clinics.
We are currently operating under the policies listed below. Please check below to see which option is being followed for your location. (if the office you visit is not listed, they will remain Policy 1 until otherwise specified.)
Fully Opened Locations
Fully Opened Locations
- D4A - Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
- D4A - Salt Lake City, Utah
- D4A - Spokane Washington
- D4A - Gilbert, Arizona
- D4A - Tucson, Arizona
- D4A - Scottsdale, Arizona
- D4A - Albuquerque, New Mexico *MASKS ARE CURRENTLY REQUIRED*
- D4A - Avondale, Arizona
EFFECTIVE JULY 30TH FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- D4A - Akron, Ohio*
- D4A - Campbell, California*
- D4A - Walnut Creek, California*
- D4A - Rochester, New York*
- D4A - Omaha, Nebraska*
*current option listed below
- Masks and facial coverings will be optional for fully vaccinated pet parents. Please note that we will not ask customers to verify vaccination records – it will be based on the honor system.
- Hospitals will reopen their lobbies with no limits on the number of pet parents allowed.
- Curbside will remain an option upon pet parent request.
- Masks and facial coverings will be optional for fully vaccinated team members. The honor system will also apply to vaccination verification among our teams.
Policy 1: Continue with the current curbside safety protocols*
- D4A - Walnut Creek, California
- D4A - Rochester, New York
- D4A - Akron, Ohio
Policy 2: Required masks for all and one pet parent per patient in a lobby/ exam room*
- (modified - see below***)
- D4A - Campbell, California (modified - see below**)
- D4A - Oakland, California (modified - see below**)
- D4A - Latham, New York
Policy 3: Optional masks for pet parents and one parent per patient in a lobby/ exam room (unless otherwise noted) *
see above info
Caring for you, your pets, and our team members is the cornerstone of our culture. At this time, we'll need everyone's help to do that. Thank you for your help in ensuring the continued good health of our community and our pets.
For the safety of our team members, kindly reschedule your appointment if you:
- Are exhibiting flu-like symptoms and/or have a temperature over 100.4
- traveled to/from known COVID-19 hot spots within the previous 10 days
- had close contact with anyone COVID-19 positive within the previous 10 days
Please remain in your air-conditioned vehicle until contacted by the team for pet exchange
- Use caution with hot pavement on your pets paws
- Bring fresh water for your pet while you wait to stay hydrated (water bottle and bowl)
*ADDITIONAL DETAILS REGARDING POLICIES
Policy 1: Continue with the current curbside safety protocols
To support the health and safety of you, your pets, and our team members, we have implemented strict intake protocols. Although the CDC recently updated its mask guidance for fully vaccinated individuals, please note that there is no change in our safety protocols at this time.
Regardless of vaccination status, we still require the use of masks by all team members, as well as our Pet Parents, and will continue to operate curbside until further notice.
- CALL AHEAD: If you have a scheduled appointment, please call us in advance to discuss options and intake procedures, including calling upon arrival.
- SIGNS/SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19: If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19, please call to reschedule or identify a healthy surrogate to bring your pet to our practice in your place.
- NO LOBBY WAITING AREA: We are limiting the number of persons in our lobby to reduce human-to-human contact.
- ONE CLIENT PER HOUSEHOLD: We ask that only one person accompany the pet(s) with an appointment to reduce human-to-human contact
Policy 2: Required masks for all and one pet parent per patient in a lobby/ exam room
We are excited to announce that, as of Thursday, June 3, we will welcome one Pet Parent per patient into our hospital building. If a Pet Parent is accompanied by small children, we kindly encourage you to take advantage of curbside or drop off.
Please note that although the CDC recently updated its guidance stating that fully vaccinated individuals are no longer required to wear face masks, we believe in safety first for all. We continue to require masks for both team members and Pet Parents for the time being.
Curbside appointments are still available if you choose not to come inside the hospital – we want to make sure all of our Pet Parents are comfortable as COVID-19 guidelines continue to change. If you choose curbside service, please don't forget to call upon your arrival!
As always, we appreciate your patience and support as we continue to navigate the ever-changing COVID-19 safety guidance.
**Campbell, California office: At this time, we are still requesting all technician appointments, prescription medication and diet pick ups remain curbside- call when here in the parking lot. Upon arrival for appointments, please from the parking lot so we may obtain patient history and bring you and your pet into the clinic when ready.
***Albuquerque, New Mexico office: If you choose to come into the building, we will only be able to permit one owner to accompany the patient into the building and exam rooms. When you arrive for your appointment, please call us (505-881-7205) to check in and we will come and escort you into the building when the team is ready for your pet’s appointment.
Please do not enter the lobby prior to your appointment. No waiting in the lobby will be permitted and we ask that any additional owners wait in their vehicles. Please note that we cannot accommodate children in the exam rooms at this time. For everyone’s safety, we are still requiring masks to be worn regardless of your vaccine status. Please continue respect distancing and allow the staff to restrain your animal during the exam.
If you choose to remain curbside, please still use our current protocol of calling upon arrival and we will come out to you.
For any technician appointment (Cytopoint shots, blood draws, etc) or food/medication pick-up, we ask that you remain curbside for these services. This helps eliminate overflow in our lobby as we are limited to the number of clients allowed in our building.
Please continue to call when you have arrived for your technician appointment or for a medication pick up. Our direct line is 505-881-7205.
**** Tucson, Arizona office: At this time, we are still requesting all technician appointments, prescription medication and diet pick-ups remain curbside. Please call when you are here in the parking lot.
Upon arrival for appointments, please call 520-477-0850 when you arrive so we may obtain a brief patient history and bring you and your pet into the clinic when ready.
Policy 3: Optional masks for pet parents and one parent per patient in a lobby/ exam room
We are thrilled to announce that as of Thursday, June 3, we will welcome ONE Pet Parent per patient into our hospital building (unless otherwise noted above). If a Pet Parent is accompanied by small children, we kindly encourage you to take advantage of curbside or drop off.
Fully vaccinated Pet Parents may choose not to wear a mask during their visit. We trust our Pet Parents to make responsible choices and will be relying on the honor system with respect to your vaccination status and the decision not to wear a mask. Please note that we will not ask you to verify vaccination records.
Curbside appointments are still available if you choose not to come inside the hospital – we want to make sure all of our Pet Parents are comfortable as COVID-19 guidelines continue to change. If you choose curbside, please don't forget to call upon your arrival!
As always, we appreciate your patience and support as we navigate the ever-changing COVID-19 safety guidance. THANK YOU!